By Kristina Hash PhD MSW,Elaine Jurkowski MSW PhD,John Krout PhD
Research records that rural elders are poorer, stay in much less sufficient housing, and feature a ways fewer future health and repair ideas on hand to them than their city opposite numbers, but there's a severe loss of present and precise details at the difficulties dealing with rural elders and at the specialist practices that serve this inhabitants. this article fills this hole via introducing readers to rural parts and their citizens and discussing the problems, courses, and regulations designed to fulfill their wishes. via a multidisciplinary lens, it examines and defines particular advantage required for winning paintings with older adults and their households in those communities.
The textual content provides a research-driven, competency-based procedure for the well-being and human provider execs who paintings with older rural citizens. It discusses either the issues dealing with older adults and their households and evidence-based strategies relating to coverage and top practices. Key concerns tested comprise future health and wellbeing, transportation, housing, long term care, source of revenue, employment, and retirement, in addition to the desires of exact populations (ethnic minorities, immigrants, and the LGBT population). Case examples make stronger an interdisciplinary version that addresses perform with rural elders that encompasses specialist abilities, values and ethics, and the jobs of a spectrum of well-being and human provider pros. The textual content additionally examines present regulations affecting health and wellbeing and social providers to rural elders and proposals for coverage swap to construct a good healthiness and human carrier staff in rural groups. hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered execs operating within the box and "Spotlight" excerpts from the textual content toughen details. additionally, the textual content presents dialogue questions, PowerPoint slides, a try out query financial institution, and steered actions and workouts.
- Fills a vacuum concerning details on future health and social providers for rural elders
- Provides present and entire wisdom approximately concerns besetting this inhabitants and courses and regulations designed to fulfill their wishes
- Examines and defines particular knowledge required for powerful future health and social companies
- Based on a research-driven, competency-based, interdisciplinary method of coverage and most sensible perform
- Includes hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered execs within the box
Read or Download Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice PDF
Similar gerontology books
Diplomarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Gerontologie / Alterswissenschaften, word: 1,3, Universität Vechta; früher Hochschule Vechta (Institut für interdisziplinäre Gerontologie), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Bisher existieren nur wenige Forschungsbeiträge über die sexuellen Bedürfnisse und deren Umsetzungsmöglichkeiten in Altenheimen.
Esta obra dá visibilidade à Gerontologia Social Crítica e amplia a contribuição do Serviço Social Crítico no campo da saúde coletiva. Isso significa que é um fecundo exercício crítico e reflexivo sobre a reprodução social na velhice na sociabilidade do capital, na sociedade do fetiche.
Wie Menschen älter werden, wie lange sie leben und wie sich ihr Leben im modify gestaltet, wird durch soziale und gesellschaftliche Bedingungen beeinflusst. Diese Bedingungen ändern sich über die Zeit und bilden den Hintergrund für einen Wandel der späteren Lebensphasen. Zu den Entwicklungen der letzten Jahrzehnte zählen eine gestiegene Lebenserwartung, Veränderungen in der Erwerbswelt, neue Lebenslaufmuster und Familienformen sowie ein Wandel in den gesellschaftlichen Werten und Normen und den Versorgungs- und Sicherungssystemen.
Lately, theoreticians, researchers, and practitioners became more and more attracted to older adults and the getting older approach. This quantity attracts on similar disciplines to raised comprehend the organic, mental, and social points of getting older. 'Social paintings with the elderly and Their households' covers parts of significant curiosity to these dealing with the wishes of an getting older inhabitants.
- The Aging Individual: Physical and Psychological Perspectives, 2nd Edition
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 31, 2011: Pathways Through The Transitions of Care for Older Adults (Annual Review of Gerontology & Geriatrics)
- Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- Mindfulness-Based Elder Care: A CAM Model for Frail Elders and Their Caregivers
- Granny @ Work: Aging and New Technology on the Job in America
- Soziale Beziehungen alter Menschen (Urban-Taschenbücher) (German Edition)
Additional resources for Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice
Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice by Kristina Hash PhD MSW,Elaine Jurkowski MSW PhD,John Krout PhD